COOLPIX W300 Primary Features
• Trusted companion on land and in water: For those with a recreational diver's license equivalent to the PADI's Advanced Open Water Diver license, the W300 goes down to the depths of 30m without needing a separate underwater housing to provide users the delight of capturing photos and videos of the fascinating marine life. The shockproof characteristic that is popular with its predecessor, the COOLPIX AW130, have also been improved to withstand falls from up to 2.4 m. The camera's tough body is designed not only to withstand temperatures as cold as −10°C, but also to resist dust and sand for fun, worry-free use at the beach, on ancient citadel trails, or for a hike up the hills.
Equipped with a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 24 mm to telephoto 120 mm1 and a maximum aperture of f/2.8, the camera is also engineered with Dynamic Fine Zoom2, which supports zooming up to approximately 10x. An effective pixel count of approximately 16.0 megapixels3, a backside illumination CMOS sensor and high-performance vibration reduction (VR) function further enables striking captures of the intended subject with effective reduction of blur caused by camera shake or subject movement, be it underwater or while engaged in outdoor activities.
• Defining the outdoors in motion: Record stunning sunrises from the hilltop, or the starry night sky by the campfire with the support for 4K UHD (3840×2160)/30p movie recording. When going underwater and facing different lighting environments, the exposure can be locked with the AE lock function so a diver can easily focus on framing the perfect shot without worry. The W300 is also equipped with functions for recording of not only time-lapse movies, but also superlapse movies.
• Tools of the adventurer: With an elegant and stylish design that looks great to use around town, improvements to features such as the grip and shutter-release button further make the COOLPIX W300 easy to operate, even when wearing gloves. It is also equipped with a new LED light button for convenient lighting back-up when preparing to take pictures or record movies in dark surroundings.
Enriching the outdoor life experience is the new Active Guide feature. By simply pressing the tool button on the side of the camera, information such as location data and altitude (water depth4) will be shown. Altitude or water depth logs can also be displayed as graphs. In addition, add verified location data to photos and movies after they are recorded.
• Additional features:
• Support for SnapBridge, which enables simple upload of images to social media
• Pre-focus and Target finding autofocus (AF) that support smooth and comfortable shooting
• A variety of scene modes in which the camera automatically applies the appropriate settings
• Creative mode that makes the ideal imaging expression simple
• Available in colours of camouflage, orange, yellow, and black